Sunday 31 July 2016

Lesson 50

Lesson 50 essentially is a lesson in living a simpler life, rejecting materialism and ego.

Today thankfully has been straight forward. I do absolutely nothing to impress anyone. I find the concept of being materialist odd and I would always make a choice for myself never to how it looks to a group of friends or peers.

I know many people who have bought a certain brand of car because they think it will improve their status within their friendship circle. Has it made their friends like them more? I doubt it and to be absolutely honest a friend who only accepts you on your material wealth is not a friend worth having.

What I do need to do though to lead a simpler life is to slow down, I have such a hectic schedule, I'm always dashing from one moment to another and I need to appreciate the moment I'm in and enjoy it rather than thinking about what is next.

The day after my birthday myself and a group of ten of my closest friends went out for a celebratory lunch. Sometimes these get togethers can last a couple of hours and other times into the night. Purposefully I didn't plan anything for the rest of the day and I just enjoyed the moment and it worked. I savoured every moment and I had a blooming good time. Lesson learnt, now all I need to do is keep applying it!


No comments:

Post a Comment