Friday 1 July 2016

Lesson 22

It's strange how today's lesson corresponds with my mood. I strongly believe if I hadn't had this exact lesson this morning my experience of today would not have been positive and could have even thrown me backwards.

As soon as I opened up the book and read the top line of Lesson 22 I knew it's exactly what I needed. Today's lesson is all about people who have thoughts of attack. I'm sure that doesn't mean physical attack but rather thoughts of verbal and images of attack.

I have 2 issues ongoing, one personal and one work related and both really escalated this morning and I was having some extreme thoughts about both. The lesson teaches that those thoughts are really just self defence and a way of trying to escape. That's exactly how I felt earlier today, the idea of running away and avoiding these outstanding issues felt very tempting. The work issue had to be solved by 1pm and I did something I have never done before, I worked calmly on resolving the problem and just kept looking at the time and believing that the solution to the problem would be found in how many hours it was until 1pm. I didn't doubt it, I believed it would be. By Midday everything was sorted and all the stress and energy I would have usually wasted wasn't.

I saw a Tweet today which said 'Chaos always precedes a major change' I have been thinking about this for a number of hours today and in a peculiar way I am therefore grateful the chaos happened and although the chaos hasn't completely died down and the major change has exactly happened I can feel both are heading in the right direction.



2 comments:

  1. Listen here Ms Joanne Webb, every problem that I have ever had in life...(and I have had many moments of chaos and/or crisis)...I have stepped back and told myself in due imminent time, things will come to a pass and everyone will move on regardless of my action/decision...have I found myself released of any stress or tension that this chaotic crisis might have created.
    This thought process calms me, grounds me and it re-energizes me. I feel focused to the tenth degree when I realiz(s)e that time solves my issue of deadline...and my world will not somehow implode at the endpoint of whatever is my chaos or crisis.
    It's like riding a wave to shore
    I catch it with my focus and ride it with my skill
    At all points
    I am fully calm and focused
    Ohm to those that get it



    Ps
    Don't sweat the little things
    It's the big ones that often get us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the email response, but unfortunately I could not read it. It was encrypted and denied by the server...nonetheless, they notified me of what they did. It is what it is, and that would be some sort of internet voodoo. Feel free to make another attempt.

    Charmed and delighted
    K

    ReplyDelete