Saturday 30 July 2016

Lesson 49

Today's lesson is all about listening to your inner voice rather than listening to the voice of your ego. The voice of the ego will always be noisy and thinking about what is best to serve it whereas the inner voice will be more peaceful and calming. I think of it like an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other.

Obviously the idea is to listen to the calming voice in every situation. Again this is all fine when you are in an environment where there is no aggression or upset.

Only the other day I was in a mobile phone shop politely and calmly asking for help as my phone had suddenly stopped working. The shop assistant was clearly rushed off his feet and stressed and treated me in an appalling way, he was rude and didn't help me at all. As a reaction to this I let my ego take over and I was upset.

Looking back now I can see his attitude wasn't anything to do with me, it was his problem and I at the time should have recognised he was struggling with his job and his words and his unhelpful manner were nothing to do with me.

At that time I should have slowed down and thought about what was happening and not wasted time being upset.

Next time I'm in an environment where I feel the ego voice screaming at me I am going to listen to the peaceful inner voice and I'm sure the outcome will be a lot better.


No comments:

Post a Comment