Tuesday 12 July 2016

Lesson 33

Lesson 33 is all about accepting there is another way of looking at the world. It's a concept that I am familiar with but in all honesty it is very difficult to do. It's especially hard when it's about someone or something that you really, really care about.

It's along the similar theme of when you lose someone you care about in a relationship. At the time well meaning people tell you 'it obviously wasn't meant to be' or 'you will find someone so much better' but at that moment in time it's the last thing you want to hear and you don't believe it. In time though the well meaning friends are always right. I look back on my relationships and I almost laugh sometimes to think that long term they would have lasted or been what I truly wanted or needed. I often think when a relationship breaks down it's your ego that gets hurt rather than the reality of the relationship not working.

I have a very dear friend who lost his job many years ago and he took it really bad, he was one of those few people in life that loved his work, he never had that Monday morning feeling and thought he would be in the job forever. At the time I tried to offer words of comfort and tell him it will be OK, you will find a new job, but he just couldn't see it as he was so upset. There where times I was genuinely concerned about him. Today he runs his own company and financially is so much better off and he is his own boss and just loves his life.

My point is why at the time of crisis is it so difficult to keep a calm mind and trust things will improve.

I wish I could travel back in time to some points of crisis of my life, give myself a hug and tell myself, 'your worry and upset is a total waste of time, be happy, laugh and look forward to the rest of your life'




No comments:

Post a Comment