Saturday 9 July 2016

Lesson 30

Today's lesson is all about the way I visualise the world around me. It is not attempting to be oblivious to anything that I don't like or is upsetting me but to see the world through my mind.

I have been on this journey for over a month and it's certainly opened my eyes on perception. Today I was at my seven year old sons end of season football presentation. Each child was presented with a trophy for various achievements. To each and every seven year old in the room the trophy was so important. Does a seven year old think a trophy is symbolic for all their achievements through out the year? I don't think so. Does a seven year old appreciate the beauty of the trophy? I very much doubt it. Seeing it through their eyes it's winning something and it's being proud of owning a trophy.

Why can't we keep the basic wonder of a child, when does our view of the world change? When do we become fearful and negative about our lives and situations around us?

I am certainly becoming less fearful but it's a shame we don't keep that innocent, positivity and basic views we all held as youngster.

And my view of the trophy, it's ugly but my son adores it and therefore so do I!





No comments:

Post a Comment