Friday 15 July 2016

Lesson 36

Life is precious.

I woke up this morning to the dreadful and shocking news of the attack in Nice. Two of my closest friends are on holiday just outside Nice and naturally on Bastille Day they could have taken the short drive to watch the fireworks like so many others did. I frantically checked to see if I had a message from either of them, I hadn't so then I checked their Twitter accounts and the last Tweet was sent at about the time of the attack. There was no mention of them attending the fireworks so I calmed down slightly, it took me about 2 hours to clarify they hadn't been anywhere near the attack and they were absolutely fine.

I was so relieved to hear from them and times like these serves as a reminder that anyone of us could leave behind this world at any time or anyone of our loved ones could go in the blink of an eye. I don't want it to sound morbid or depressing but it's a reminder that if you care for someone, tell them.  Don't let stubbornness or petty arguments get in the way of what really matters.

Lesson 36 is about seeing your mind as holiness and without sin. This clearly is a difficult concept because surely everyone has a little bit of sin...but the lesson is adamant you are either sinless or not. Can it be possible for someone to be totally sinless, I'm not even sure if I want to be! But I have chosen to follow these lessons to the letter so I am going with it.

Tomorrows lesson promises to show me the first hint of my true function in the world. This sounds like a big turning point in my journey and after today's roller coaster of emotions, I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment