Saturday 2 July 2016

Lesson 23

I am no expert in retraining your mind and I am no high flying scholar in the world of spirituality. I am just a regular person who went through a terrible time and couldn't deal with it in my mind. It was a moment of crisis and I couldn't find a way out. I am taking this journey as it is something that I feel found me and it was the universes way of showing me a different option, an alternative way of thinking.

I found a quote by Alan Cohen today which said 'You know you have meditated well if, when you open your eyes, the world looks different'. This morning as I was taking my dog out for his morning walk everything did look different. The sky was a lovely shade of blue, the trees were beautiful and the fields looked lush. My mind was clear, I felt good and I was thinking about Lesson 23. Today's lesson continues the theme of giving up 'attacking thoughts'. I have to be honest the attacking thoughts I began to think yesterday have gone and I am beginning to understand the concept of leaving them behind.

Sometimes when you would like something small coincidences happen to make it happen with out you even trying. For example there's a women who lives in the village I live in and she is adorable. I have always thought what a good friend she could be. I have so many friends but they all live so far away, I have none in the village. Today there was a village fete and my son won a prize in the raffle. The raffle was drawn after we had left, so we had no idea the prize was ours until there was a knock at our front door. It was the women I have just mentioned hand delivering the box of chocolates my son had won. I invited her in for a cup of tea, how incredibly English, and we chatted for ages and have now swapped phone numbers, whilst my son devoured the chocolates.  I have a feeling she is going to be a good friend.

Strange how it always works out.




1 comment:

  1. As Samuel L Jackson says
    "Exactomundo!"
    Yes, strange how with time it gets resolved.

    Ps
    Your second message went the same route as the first...
    No reason to fret, but I sent you a message.
    Now, if it goes the Houdini route...then we can confirm that the Internet is conspiring against us.

    ReplyDelete