Friday 29 July 2016

Lesson 48

Lesson 48 is all about understanding that there is nothing to fear. If everything happens for a reason then there's even purpose for the bad stuff.

Now this is where I start becoming frustrated. Bad stuff does exist. Really, really bad stuff happens every day. I'm not talking about normal day to day dramas but I mean the horrible, barbaric nastiness that occurs.

Yes of course for example if your husband of twenty years turns around and tells you he is leaving you, that will hurt but you will look back in so many years and realise that it was for the best. But I am talking about events which you will never recover from. Losing a child, a whole family being wiped out in a terror attack or a natural disaster that kills everyone you ever loved and destroyed your whole community. It's a cliche but it's just like when someone questions the existence of God when such heartbreaking events occur.

In a way I do agree, for the vast majority of us there is nothing to fear, but I feel slightly let down by today's lesson.

I don't like to think in such a negative fashion and I am working so hard to find positives in every situation and I certainly have made progress and am striving to make even more improvements, but today's lesson has set me back, I need to feel confident in the teachings not this feeling of annoyance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment