Saturday 23 July 2016

Lesson 44

Lesson 44 concentrates again on light. I love the line in the instructions 'you can't see in darkness' I personally can't do anything in darkness, it's very difficult to function in darkness. The only alternative is to be in the light. There is no other way. 

One of my main objectives currently is to stay in the moment. Today I was having a lovely time in the park with my son and my dog and I suddenly had a moment. I out of the blue had a number of thoughts....would this be any better if I had a different job? If I had more disposable income? If I had better quality clothes on? If my dog was a designer breed? (He's actually a rescued street dog from Romania!) or if we were going on an exotic holiday next week? The answer obviously is no, that moment could not be improved on at all. It was perfect, my son was happy on the swings, on the slide and climbing frame, my dog was chilling in the shade and I was happy to be in the sunshine. 

That has given me inspiration. I tried so hard all day to stop any thoughts, worry or fears about the past or the future and it has worked. I have been calm and very satisfied by my sunny Saturday. 

I honestly feel I am turning a corner, it's possibly going to be a long steady corner, but even so I am moving in the right direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment