Sunday 28 August 2016

Lesson 80

Lesson 80 continues from yesterday. It states that once you have identified your problems, your problems will be resolved.

Whilst I agree looking at your problems in a different way and seeing them not as problems but as something else will help, I'm not sure all problems can just magically disappear overnight!

I understand looking at any aspect of your life with different eyes and a fresh perspective will help and will make a lot of problems seem nowhere near as bad as they were before I don't believe that all problems can be solved in that way.

Some extreme circumstances can not be sorted out overnight. For example many years ago when I owed a significant amount of money on a credit card and I was worrying about it none stop I turned it into a game rather than a problem. I played a game with myself on how little I could live on each month so that I could pay more and more off my credit card bill. The problem wasn't a problem whilst I was playing the game but I was contemplating if someone was in so much financial debt and they had court letters issued or the threat of losing their house then playing 'a game' like I did potentially wouldn't make their troubles disappear especially overnight!

Many argue that over spending isn't a case of someone mismanaging money or someone being greedy, it's deeper than that. It's the use of money to forget the real pain in their life. Some people use drugs, some use alcohol, many use food but many use money to forget what's really going on. That's the problem that needs to be identified. Sometimes it is not that easy to search deep inside to find out why our problems really exist.

I am now entering a 10 day period of review.

No comments:

Post a Comment