Sunday 14 August 2016

Lesson 66

Todays lesson continues on the theme of happiness and knowing that happiness isn't through the ego.

It has made me examine some of the times of my life when I was unhappy. Apart from times of grief, which I do believe one has to have times of sadness to grieve, all other times the reason I was most upset was because my ego was dented, damaged or deflated.

Taking other peoples decisions personally will ultimately lead to unhappiness. I can see how by me taking so many decisions personally has damaged me and now looking back it was nothing to do with me.

Decisions at work, decisions friends and family have made have ultimately been their issue or problem. The smallest of  situations have previously upset me, for example last week at work someone organised a Starbucks coffee run and forgot about me. Yes I was upset as a skinny late from Starbucks is my favorite coffee but I wasn't upset I was forgotten, where as before that would be what I focused on. I would have grumbled about it all day and if I am to be honest it would have put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day.

I often get people moaning at me on social media, more than often it's because when someone gets stuck on a train or on a motorway I seem to be an easy person to vent frustration on. I read the messages but then move on. I understand why people do it, I don't agree with it, but I absolutely don't take it personally. Times in the past I have thought about deleting accounts or quitting social media completely but why should I because a handful of people feel the need to moan at me.

Happiness is....not taking anything personally!


No comments:

Post a Comment