Tuesday 9 August 2016

Lesson 61

After the review the lessons are now moving into a new direction. Today's lesson is to think about yourself as being connected to source and moving away from thoughts of arrogance which therefore is distancing your mind from ego.

Earlier this morning I was driving to work and a motorway slip road was closed for roadworks, the closure meant a lengthy diversion route potentially making me late for work. When I first saw the cones blocking my way I was annoyed, I was angry there had been no warning signs and this slip road had only been closed a few weeks earlier! As I was driving on the diversion route I realised where the annoyance was coming from, it was my ego blaming others for my mistake. I should always leave the house a few minutes earlier as there is always the possibility of last moment roadworks overnight and I was really kicking myself for not checking, in this world it's not exactly difficult to quickly check if there are roadworks.

My ego lashed out and blamed others when it was my mistake. Once I identified that my ego had taken over, I was fine. Calm took over again and my ego was pushed away!

On the way home from work there was a large accident in front of me. Firstly I was relieved I wasn't involved and secondly I knew I was going to stuck there for a while and rather than get annoyed I remembered something I had read from Dr Wayne Dyer earlier. He said when he was stuck in traffic he would meditate. Well I wasn't going to go to that extent but I took that moment to be quiet and contemplate how I narrowly missed being involved in an accident and I was grateful.

Always find a positive in a negative!

No comments:

Post a Comment