Friday 19 August 2016

Lesson 71

Today the lesson continues on yesterday's theme of happiness coming from within but it also brings in ego.

I can particularly relate to this line from the lesson which is talking about how the ego thinks. 'If someone else spoke or acted differently, if some external circumstance or event were changed, you would be saved'. The lesson identifies these thoughts demands everyone and everything else to change except yourself. If I think about it like that then of course it is ridiculous to believe that I can be happy via someone else or a different set of circumstances.

Equally external change can't make me unhappy. If something is changed or taken away then I must change my view on the situation and not let it disturb my calm or upset my internal feelings.

I have a challenging couple of weeks ahead, lots of changes are heading my way, so let's see if I can keep my balance along the way!






No comments:

Post a Comment