Sunday 21 August 2016

Lesson 73

Lesson 73 essentially is choosing happiness over everything else. It also stresses that holding onto any sadness, anger or bitterness is a choice and at any moment you can choose to let go and make the decision to be happy.

I often find when I am sad it is easy to stay in that place, being upset and moaning about my current situation is the easy option. Finding a way to get myself out of that place is often hard work, but surely hard work is not an bad thing when the prize is happiness.

I was asked earlier this morning how my weekend went and I replied it was really lovely. For the first time in ages I truly meant it. The person asked why it was so good and I couldn't really explain, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, just walked the dog, went to the park with my son and the local town centre and browsed around the shops. The difference was I did everything with gratitude and stayed in the moment. Usually at the weekend I just worry about Monday morning and I worry about catching up with my sleep. I didn't worry this weekend at all and it was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment