Friday 26 August 2016

Lesson 78

Today the reason revolves around grievances and miracles. It attempts to teach that there is always a choice between a grievance or a miracle.

When something challenging rears its ugly head my tendancy is to panic and let my mind go into overdrive about all the disasterous things that could happen as a result. For example about six months ago my working hours changed. I had to start just half an hour earlier which to most people wouldn't be a big deal but for me it was. It involved more childcare costs, logistics about getting to work and also psychologically my alarm going off at 2.45am rather than 3.15am was difficult. I spent weeks getting upset, angry and frustrated but the changes happened regardless of all my wasted energy. In that situation I chose grievance. In reality yes financially I am worse off and yes I am even more tired in the week than I was before but it hasn't ruined me. What it has done is force me to see things differently and accept that changes will happen and I must deal with them differently.

It's also made me appreciated my time more, be more organised in the evening so I go to bed earlier enough to deal with the ridiculously early alarm clock and overall look after my health.

Change often presents itself as a scary and ugly situation but usually in change there is an underlying message and one we must trust will lead us to a better path if we could just see it as a good thing rather than a grievance.

No comments:

Post a Comment