Saturday 13 August 2016

Lesson 65

I have been doing a lot of reading regarding living in the moment and gratitude. Living in the moment means you really have to give up the concept of time. To buy into the concept that just the 'now' exists is a really difficult one and to be honest I still haven't completely got my head around it!

I understand that all that matters is the now, the past has gone and the future hasn't happened and may or may not be anything like predicted so there's no point in worring about it. I find the living in the now easier at the weekend and easier when life is at a slower pace. When at work I find I am constently rushing from one thing to the next without appreciation for the moment and I do worry whether things will be achieved. I am aware though of my weak times so that's where I am to focus my energys next week.

As for gratitude, I am thankful constantly and I do count my blessings daily, but it's always good to remind oneself to do so.

Today's lesson is related to what I have been researching. It's about reminding me to think only of the good, to be think about being happy rather than seeing the bad. Remembering to only love and forgive.

It's a concept to live by, albeit a difficult one, being only that of love. Other emotions are so ready to bubble up to the surface especially during difficult times. But if you try to embrace love as the only emotion inside its certainly a start.


No comments:

Post a Comment