Wednesday 10 August 2016

Lesson 62

Lesson 62 revolves around forgiveness.

I actually have a slightly different view on forgiveness. I actually only give forgiveness to those I care about. Those who are unkind to me and I have no feelings towards, there is nothing to forgive. They haven't betrayed me or been disloyal, they mean nothing to me so their unkind actions are nothing to me. Those who gossip or unfairly speak of others are the ones with the issues, the ones who attack you without even getting to know you are equally the ones with the issue. Therefore there is nothing to forgive.

I always forgive those I care about. I forgive for two reasons. Firstly if I don't it's me ultimately who suffers and secondly absolutely everyone makes mistakes, I don't think anyone deliberately sets to hurt someone who they care about. It's the mistakes which hurt but they usually hurt because they have damaged the ego.

Pain, hurt and playing the victim can be addictive but is that ultimately going to lead to happiness? Forgiving is therapeutic and also gives you the power to restore the happy state of mind you deserve.

I am reading for the first time an Eckhart Tolle book and his words are very powerful this so far is my  favourite...

"Sometimes letting go is a far greater act of power than defending or hanging on"


No comments:

Post a Comment