Tuesday 7 June 2016

Ups and downs

I don't know in what form 'God' exists or if 'he' does at all. I am sure there isn't a man with a big white beard sat on a cloud above us orchestrating what goes on in the world, but I do believe in something.  What that something is I haven't decided but I do believe in positive thoughts attract positive outcomes and if you believe hard enough that something good is coming your way it does. 

That is why I have always been attracted to spirituality rather than a more formal religion. I only discovered the works of Esther Hicks and Dr Wayne Dyer a few years ago. Once I found them I realised I had been practicing the art of manifesting since I was a young child without even knowing it. Manifesting, if you aren't aware, very simply put is desiring something, then imaging and feeling like you already have it and it appears in your life, most often in a way that is most unexpected!  Most people are surprised when I tell them I can do this and the first question is usually 'well why don't you manifest a lottery win?' The honest answer is you absolutely can manifest a lottery win, but sadly you have to really, really, really believe it's going to happen to you and that's when I fall down, I subconsciously don't believe I deserve that and I equally am not a material person so I believe that sort of money would be wasted on me. 

When I was in the final weeks of my University course I suddenly decided I wanted to be a travel reporter on the radio. I had already been working for BBC Northampton as an assistant producer but I only had experience on air at the local hospital radio station. So for those final weeks I listened to as many travel reports on the radio as I could and I imitated them, talking out loud as if I was broadcasting and I acted as if I was was already a fully fledged travel reporter. After only a couple of weeks I received a phone call (out of the blue) from a company called 'AA Roadwatch' who in those days provided travel reports to many radio stations and asked if I would be interested in joining them as a information collator, clearly I jumped at the chance.  

I could give you so many examples of how I 'manifested' my desires, but believe me it's not always that easy, although saying that it is straight forward when life is good, when you feel invincible and you feel the world is revolving around you, but once you start having negative experiences in your life, manifesting even the smallest of desires for me becomes impossible. 

That's where I am now, I can't seem to have any consistency in my feelings and I can't seem to 'turn things' around. 

When I am 'up' I pour over my spirituality books, I relate to them, I feel at peace, I feel gratitude for everything around me and I feel the happiness from within, as Abraham Hicks puts it, I am in the Vortex, But when I am 'down' I don't want to look at any thing let alone read my books that would ultimately help me, it's almost a challenge I have with myself to stay grumpy for as long as possible. Which is not at all the answer to anything. 

In these last few weeks I have been forcing myself to pick up my books again and I discovered a new author, Alan Cohen, who I really found by accident on Amazon, although if you truly believe in the journey I am about to take, there are no accidents everything happens for a reason. When I was browsing through Amazon I saw one of Cohens books had 5 stars and so I bought it. The book is titled 'A Course in Miracles made easy' 

I had previously seen references to 'A Course In Miracles' or ACIM to it's dedicated followers but I never thought about looking into it further.  Well that is about to change and I am about to dedicate a year of my life to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment