Thursday 16 June 2016

Lesson 8

Why do you never see baby pigeons? No this isn't a joke, it's a question often asked, well today I did see not just one but two baby pigeons. On a busy road in Central London two baby pigeons were in trouble, they had left the nest too early, possibly because of the exceptionally heavy rain we've had this week. They looked like balls of fur and clearly needed help. A lovely women who was cycling past stopped and helped me pick them up and put them under a tree where we thought they would be safe, that was until a crowd of people walked past and passer by totally unaware nearly stepped on one. A women working in the Chinese herbal shop opposite to where all this happened came out, had a look, went back into the shop and then returned with a box. The baby pigeons were safely placed in the box and the adorable shop worker placed a little red flower in with them. We were three women calmly and peacefully working together to save 2 baby pigeons on the busy streets of London which reminded me of something Dr Wayne Dyer famously said. 

"Loving people will always live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world."

Lesson 8 concentrates on telling myself that my mind is preoccupied with past thoughts. I have been closing my eyes and letting my thoughts flow and anything that comes into my mind I isolate and remind myself that it is a past thought. I am comfortable with his but to be fair I don't know why I am doing it, the course claims it's part of the training of the mind. I understand that the past is the past and the future hasn't arrived so living in the moment is the only way but to what extent should I dismiss the past.  

My mother called me yesterday to tell me she is now reading all about my journey. She said she's enjoying it and will read it every day but she doesn't have a clue what it's all about and in a way that's exactly how I feel too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment