Wednesday 29 June 2016

Lesson 20

Lesson 20 has really taken over my day! I had to say to myself over and over again 'I am determined to see' every half an hour.

Every half an hour seemed a little extreme but there was some reassurance, if I forgot to say the mantra at any point not to be too concerned, this was a welcome relief as I have a terrible memory! I am one of those people who often can be found walking around the office, talking to myself, trying to remember exactly why I left my desk only a matter of moments ago and yes I am also one of those people who nip to the shop to grab some milk, get to the shop, buy a whole bag of groceries, get home and unpack the shopping to realise I have forgotten the milk.

When saying the mantra to myself I found myself washed in the same feelings as I do when I am truly in the Vortex. Being in the Vortex is an expression used by Abraham Hicks, it's when you are feeling euphoric despite what is happening around you.

A shift is definitely happening and is happening naturally without inviting it. I am not normally the person people go to with problems, possibly because I have so many of my own or I give the impression I am not interested. Either way people very rarely share their inner most thoughts with me. All of a sudden during these past few days I have become the equivalent to an agony aunt. I have actually enjoyed speaking to these people calmly and respectfully and giving what I hope is sound advice.

Earlier today I saw a Tweet from Dr Wayne Dyers account which expressed the way to achieve a peaceful world is for all the people living in the world to have inner peace. A sentiment I can't disagree with. What I found so discouraging though was the amount of comments and replys to that Tweet which were along the lines of 'well that will never happen'. I would argue it is everybody's responsibility during their time here to contribute even in the smallest way, otherwise why do anything for the greater good of others. Why give to charity? In the grand scheme of things your few pounds aren't going to solve world poverty. Why recycle your waste? You saving a few plastic bottles from the landfill is not going to stop the mounting waste we produce. Bit if we worked as a whole rather than individual we could achieve so much. On that basis if I, as an individual, strive for inner peace then I am convinced that can only be a good thing.

As I get ready to go to sleep I keep thinking that todays lesson has been clever and good for me, it's given me an injection of determination and renewed my energy for this journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment