Friday 10 June 2016

Lesson 2

It always causes great amusement when I as a travel reporter become stuck in traffic. I wasn't stuck in a huge tailback but I was sat in North London with out moving for about 20 minutes. There was no real reason for it, it was just general Friday get away traffic.

Before I started these lessons, I researched into 'A Course In Miracles' and one of the principles is 'nothing is real'. As I have only just started on this journey I don't feel I know the true meaning behind this statement, but I was thinking about this whilst stuck in traffic and I felt that today the traffic was only real if I let it bother me. I had to be at my sons school at a certain time to help set up tents, they are having a sleep over at school and my son and his friends have been looking forward to this for weeks. To begin with I grew anxious that I was going to be dreadfully late and I would be letting people down. But I just kept saying to myself the problem is only a problem if I allow it to be. Does it really matter if I'm a few minutes late, the sleep over will still happen, the tents will still go up and my son and his friends will still have an incredible time. I let the anxious emotion go, I let go completely, listened to the radio and went with it. For me this is a huge step, I very rarely let go and just let be what is going to be.

Lesson 2 was the opposite to yesterday's lesson. This time I had to look around me and give meanings to objects, this time I found it difficult to find a meaning, for example I looked at my phone at work and just couldn't find a meaning or feeling towards it! Yesterday I could find meanings when I was told not to and today when I had to give a meaning I couldn't. I have to be honest I am wondering what this is really all about! Maybe the lessons are too high brow for me and I won't work out the true reason behind them and all I will be is in a constant state of confusion.

As for arriving at my sons school, I was only 3 minutes late and all the parents were having a good old gossip outside the school gate, no one had ventured to the campsite and not one person noticed I was late!

No comments:

Post a Comment