Wednesday 22 June 2016

Lesson 14

I accidentally took hundreds of selfies of myself on my mobile. I was with a friend for lunch and I had my phone in my hand and we were chatting away and I was talking excitingly and waving my arms around. Without knowing I was taking photo after photo. When I eventually realised what I had done I looked through the photos and the ones where you could see my face I could see on every single one I was laughing, not just smiling but laughing. I looked happy, really, really happy.

I was listening to a football match on the way home from work and the pundits were talking about the poor form Ronaldo has been in recently. One thing that they were discussing was, has he been trying too hard. Can you try to hard at football? Evidently there is the belief you can. I feel I often try to hard, I try so hard to please friends, family and work colleagues.  I often say things which I feel they want to hear, to keep the peace I sometimes agree with their opinions even though I disagree and I frequently try to hard to be the person they want me to be.

Lesson 14 again is to think about anything that makes me fearful and tell myself that it is not real. I was slightly concerned when I read this lesson as it stated it could lead me directly into fear. I did wonder if I would take a few backward steps today but I feel calm and at peace.

I am fearful of losing people from my life but I have always enjoyed thinking about this quote by the actor Will Smith

"Don't chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people - the ones who really belong in your life - will come to you. And stay"

No comments:

Post a Comment