Saturday 25 June 2016

Lesson 16

Lesson 16 is about having no neutral thoughts. I am to close my eyes and any thought that comes into my mind, good or bad I am to tell myself it is not a neutral thought.

I am an unsure on what this is trying to achieve as I never dismiss any thought as neutral, it says within the lesson that this is the first step to acknowledging that all thoughts bring either love or fear. Perhaps I over think but that isn't dismissing thoughts as neutral.

After not being indulged in this journey yesterday I certainly felt the fall out today. I had to go to the supermarket today, on a Saturday and with my son, who is seven years old. I knew this wasn't ideal as I have never been good with crowed shops or my son nagging me for every sweet treat we pass. The moment I found myself explaining to my son I was refusing to pay an extra £2 for a box of breakfast cereal just because it had a picture of some marvel character on it (yes such a thing exists, it could have been Thor but I'm not that up on such things!)  I knew missing yesterday's lesson was a mistake.

Yesterday was terrible, but I have tried today to stay away from various news websites and not being a work and being surrounded by news has helped. I obviously can't pretend it hasn't happened but there are ways around it if I keep my thoughts in check. The area I live in voted overall to remain in the EU and the area I work also voted to remain. That's a positive. I just have to be confident in the knowledge I will always have my principles and even though many people disagree with me they are mine and I own them with pride.

Update: My son reliably informs me it was Captain America on the front of the cereal box and not Thor. He's very disappointed I don't know the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment