Monday 20 June 2016

Lesson 12

There is definitely something changing within my mind. After yesterdays wobble, all I have wanted to do today is to be alone with my thoughts. I have been craving meditation and time alone. I have never been one to feel the need to be surrounded be people all of the time, although space, as is the case for most working mums is something I get very little of.

Today is the first day of  the Summer, the Summer Solstice and it has been raining in London, raining hard, the sky is dull and miserable. All I have heard all day is people moan about it being a typical British summer's day.  All I have been thinking about is the full moon scheduled for tonight. This full moon may look like any normal full moon but today it is called the 'Strawberry Moon' which only happens every fifty or so years. It was named by early native Americans because the full moon coincided with the start of the strawberry picking season.

Lesson 12 has been quite challenging, I have had to look around my environment and tell myself how I see the world, regardless of if I see it as good or bad. I carried out this lesson at work, on the tube and in the peaceful surroundings of the Lea Valley Park. I was quite surprised that my view on the world was positive and not as fearful or as sad a I thought I may view it.

Although I haven't seen the full moon today, as I have to go to bed before the sun sets I am hoping to see it in the early hours of tomorrow morning whilst driving to work. And I know before I even see it the stawberry moon will be spectacular.





No comments:

Post a Comment