Tuesday 20 September 2016

Lesson 96

Lesson 96 explores the idea that you are not a character on many levels but just one.

Many people, including myself, think that we have at least 2 sides to our character. Most of the times I am lovely and calm but at times I can be angry and cold. I have to accept that is me, but what I need to do is learn that essentially I am, as I should be, a kind and happy person. I have to explore my own person to find out what triggers my anger and unblances my calm. Once that is figured out all I need to do is avoid it!

I was walking in central London today and I walked past a young women who was heavily pregnant. She was crying. I asked her if she was OK, clearly she wasn't but I just had to ask, it just wouldn't have felt right to ignore her. She looked at me to begin with like I was insane for asking, but her features softened and she smiled. She told me she was fine and she walked away. I hope she is fine, I hope she was and I hope like any us can she was just having a wobble.

Driving home I was listening to the radio and a famous magician has written a book about happiness. He was being interviewed about his new venture. One of the things he said to achieve happiness was to lower your expectations.  Whilst I understand the sentiment, I absolutely disagree. Never ever lower your expectations. Do your best at all times and keep striving for more and expect the best will come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment