Tuesday 13 September 2016

Lesson 94

Lesson 94 takes a slightly different direction.

The lesson revolves around accepting oneself as who they are. Encouraging you to let go of the sense of who you should be but be as you are intended which is both happy and peaceful.

I totally agree with this sentiment. As a women, I enjoy looking good but I only do it for myself never because I want to impress. I saw a quote a few days ago which said

'A flower blooms for itself not because someone walks past'

That really made me think about why there is so much pressure on us all, not just women, to look a certain way. Today for example I am wearing a lovely summer dress and high heels whereas on Monday I was in a T-shirt, jeans and flat shoes. I have to be honest I feel so much better when dressed up so I do believe I dress for myself.

As for behaving or feeling in a certain way, which is what I believe this lesson is really about, I do think behavior changes with whom we are dealing with.  There are people, not many but there are some, who just as the expression goes 'rub me up the wrong way'. My reaction to those people are totally different to those who are calm.

This is wrong! My reactions should be mine alone. I should keep calm and relaxed at all times. I actually carried out a little private experiment with someone who I have a difficult relationship with. I was overly nice to her and never once reacted to anything that annoyed me. Although the relationship isn't incredible now, it has improved greatly and the good thing is that I am prioritising my happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment