Tuesday 11 October 2016

Lesson 110

Today's lesson is all about accepting who we are.

I don't believe that means we can't improve on what we are, but it means to accept our flaws and be the best of who we can be.

I really think this means we should be as lovely as we can be and be as nice to others as possible. I try so hard to be caring and polite. This is not always appreciated but I find the odd time it is accepted it really makes a difference. 

When we accept who we are, I also think it important to accept others as they are. 

I have found it extremely distressing to read and hear other peoples reaction to Will Young leaving Strictly Come Dancing. Although normally a person walking out of reality TV show wouldn't normally enter my thoughts, this time it has. He has left claiming 'personal reasons' and although I have no idea what these reasons are many people have jumped to conclusions. He had a very short row with one of the judges and many are commenting he has left in a strop or he doesn't like being criticised and thrown his toys out of the pram.

Whilst I don't know Will at all, I have met him a couple of times through my radio work, but that doesn't mean I know him, it is well documented he suffers from mental health issues. It is also reported he had six months of treatment after an emotional breakdown.

What if the pressures of a relatively TV show was too much for him and he has seen the warning signs and what if he has done the right thing by recognising this and choosing his own health over the appearance fee.

I do believe we should always accept people for what they are and not judge, everyone has personal problems, every one is fighting an internal fight, even if they are incredible dancers on a reality TV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment